Sunday, February 19, 2012

Brussel Sprouts re-vamped!

Today I decided to try something new and since I have only discovered Brussel Sprouts in the past year, I wanted to experiment. Normally I just halv them toss them in olive oil and garlic powder and roast them, but not today. Today I tried Brussel Sprout hash! Sounds funny, but it works!
1/2 Pound of Brussel Sprouts (remove outer layer, halv them and THINLY slice them)
Halv a sweet onion, slice however you like your onion
4 slices of Un-cured Bacon (dice into small pieces)
First cook the bacon so it's nice a crispy, take it out. Saute' the onions and sprouts in the bacon juice, but you might need to add some more like a splash of EVOO or butter and cook until tender. Then add Bacon back in to mixture and season with S+P to your liking and EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment